.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Undercover Hippie

Thursday, July 22, 2004

My Eagles

Yes, I'm an Eagles fan. And yes, I'm also a Dittohead (that means I'm a Rush Limbaugh fan for those of you from Rio Linda).

How, you may ask, do I reconcile these two seemingly contradictory things?

Well, its not that hard really. Lets look at the McNabb-Limbaugh controversy. Rush said:
1- the media are a bunch of dopes, and
2- that McNabb is overrated.

Number 1? No problem. Anyone care to argue? ... thought not.

Number 2? I can understand someone coming to that conclusion. Because, quite frankly, he has not lived up to the hype. But why? There are two reasonable conclusions. Either he was over-hyped, or he is under-achieving. Rush believes the former, while I believe the latter.

Anyway, its all for nought at the moment. Training camp starts next week. Terrell Owens is in town. Jevon Kearse is here. (There are rumors that Eddie George wants to come to Philly... don't know.) Perhaps we will see who is right this season. Because with all of these acquisitions, there are no more excuses for McNabb. Either he performs or I'm going to start agreeing with Rush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home