.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Undercover Hippie

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Why Undercover Hippie?

Okay, lets get the obvious out of the way first. Why Undercover Hippie?

Well, I wanted a convertible. I wanted a CHEAP convertible. I wanted a NEW convertible. I went to the 2003 Philadelphia International Auto Show and I sat in a new 2003 VW Beetle Convertible. I liked it. It was cheap. I bought it. Check here to see how it went at first.

Anyway, after my initial problems, I started getting grief from some friends about the "masculinity" of my choice. Well, I kind of expected that. But, I'm married with 4 kids. What do I care? I just keep the flower vase thingy in the dashboard filled with a cigar. Its not much, but it helps.

Then the cherry topping was a friend who said, "Oh, it's not gay... but it IS liberal!"

Well, I also failed to mention that I work in Princeton, NJ. That's East Coast Hippie Central! Oh they just all LOVE my new Beetle.

So then I got an idea! I'm really an undercover hippie! They think I'm one of them!

...

and then I had to go and ruin it all by putting on a Viva Bush bumper sticker.

But you should see the looks of complete confusion I get while driving through East Coast Hippie Central!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home