.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Undercover Hippie

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Sad day ... anywhere.

ESPN.com: Page 2 - Sad day in South Bend

First it was Terrell Owens and that naked chick (what's her name? ... what's her show? ... never seen it). Yeah, it was too racy for prime time. In fact, I was pretty ticked off, because as a Dad and an Eagles fan, I let my 9 and 7 year old sons stay up for the first half when the Birds are on MNF. They saw the whole crazy intro, and I was not happy.

But, then within 2 days it was about race. I've got to be honest. The racial component was the last thing on my mind. I honestly didn't even think about it.

Now Ty Willingham gets sacked at Notre Dame, and just like clockwork ... its about race.

Can we stop this please?!?!?!?!?

I'm sick and tired of everything being evaluated through this ridiculous prism of race. Enough already! Yeah, I get it. We abolished slavery, and it was 100 years before we finally had the civil rights act. I know! But how many years will it be before people can stop living their lives through their ancestors? Why do we have to still live in this highly charged atmosphere of race-baiting and recriminations, and discriminations?

The interesting thing here is that the first one to complain about the racial component of the TO thing was ... a black NFL Football Coach, Tony Dungy!

Its not us lilly-white, non-football playing crackers who even thought about the race thing. It was about sex, and my 7 and 9 year old boys.

And Ty Willingham? Its not about race either, Coach Dungy. Its about football. You should know that too.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home