.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Undercover Hippie

Thursday, February 24, 2005

The facts of life

The beautiful SarahK (now) of IMAO posted this about the Terry Shiavo case. One of the commenters pushed my buttons and I responded. I figured I'd requote it here for posterity:

Original post:

All the links I've seen about this Schiavo case have seemed like normal advocacy-group stuff(aka, rediculously biased). Now, it's certainly possible that the case actually is that clear-cut, but given that that doesn't happen often(and that if it did, I'd probably hear more about it), I'm going to ask if anyone has a link that talks about this from an unbiased(or even oppositely-biased perspective). I don't care how sick you find the perspective, I'm just interested in seeing something with a different line so I can figure out what the actual facts of the case are for myself.

Not to disbelieve the best-looking IMAO blogger, of course, but it just seems to me like there has to be something else to it that the advocacy groups aren't saying.

Posted by: Alsadius on February 22, 2005 11:43 PM

My response:

Fact: Terry Shiavo is alive.
Fact: Her husband does not want her to stay that way.
Fact: Her parents do.

Alsadius, are you for life or death? What other facts would you allow to pollute your thinking on this? Life. Death. Those are the FACTS.

Posted by: Undercover Hippie on February 24, 2005 07:41 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home