.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Undercover Hippie

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Getting better at losing

I know its been a few days since the debacle that was Superbowl XXXIX, but I must opine.

I don't want this to sound like the mad ravings of a typical Philly fan, but I think it will, even though I'm not a typical Philly fan. I don't give a cr*p about this city's inferiority complex. Heck, I live in New Jersey.

Anyway, an argument can be made that the Eagles are the second best team at losing in the history of losing (Buffalo Bills hold the title). I mean seriously, anybody can go 0-16 (although few have). Its not that hard, really. You have to just not try at all.

But to go 12-4 or better three years in a row, win your Division four years in a row, get to the Conference Championship game four years in a row, have the coach with the highest career win percentage in all of the NFL (active AND inactive coaches!), sporting the best record in the NFL over the last five years .... and STILL LOSE is something special. They've taken losing to a whole new level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home